As a Director or Manager within a work environment you may well have felt overwhelmed by recent legislation. Our experience and research has highlighted the need for independent advice and assistance. In recognising this important factor, we are able to allay any doubts that you may have in order to inspire confidence and establish a positive safety culture within your organisation to include all current and forthcoming legislation.
The principal Act governing Health & Safety in the workplace is The Health & Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974 which provides for a safe place of work governing all employers, employees, contract workers, visitors and maintenance contractors.
The enforcing body is the Health & Safety Executive, whose officers have wide ranging powers. Officers may inspect and if found to be non compliant serve improvement, prohibition notices or indeed prosecution which have far reaching consequences to your business reputation and may lead to local or even national media coverage with disastrous implications.
Breaching Health & Safety Law can be both criminal and civil offence and upon summary conviction substantial fines may be payable and under certain circumstances custodial sentences imposed.
All the following Acts and Regulations apply to your workplace:
- The Health & Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- The Electricity at Work Act 1971
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Display Screen Equipment Regulations 1992
- Health & Safety First Aid Regulations 1981
- RIDDOR Regulations 1995
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2002
- Health & Safety Signs & Signals Regulations 1996
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulation 1998
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Workplace (Health & Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- New and Expectant Mothers at work Guidance
- Young Persons at Work Guidance
- Disabilities Discrimination Act 1995
- Heath & Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996
You can see from the above that Health & Safety is not a subject to dismiss. Let Gemini Fire & Safety Solutions Ltd take the burden from you and ensure you comply with legislation and build a health and safety culture to be envied by your competitors.
Contact us now for a free initial consultation
Telephone 01344 780724 07958 410116